Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Construction of Virtual Ruins

Visiting blogs of my followers, what I routinely do because many have similar interests, I discovered the beautiful project of James Garner. He made a 3D animation about the alien ruins in H.P. Lovecraft’s short story Mountains of Madness. I don’t understand much of animations, but always thought it must be a great lot of work.

Therefore I found it interesting that someone describes it in detail illustrated with a lot of images. Garner starts with some raw sketches and ends up with a convincing video clip.



It’s also interesting to read where he took his inspirations from, how he built up his own vision of ruins to construct these virtual ones

2 comments:

  1. You POSTED UP MY WORK ON YOUR BLOG!
    :o
    Awesome!
    I feel well proud!

    The final piece needs some tweeks and I'm altering it and going to rerender it all again thing again to make it a bit more punchey and the CG isn't punchey enough so I want to sort the contrast to give it a bit more kick.

    Thanks for posting it up mate and glad you like my work.

    Keep up the wikid blogging too as I'm a bit of a silent observer but avid follower and some of the stuff you've found is really amazing! :)

    James Garner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realy like the clip and good old Lovecraft is still worth mentioning.

    ReplyDelete